Convicted Killer Tommy Presley Returns to Prison After Drunken Attack on Gillingham Shop Staff

Convicted killer, Tommy Presley, has found himself back behind bars after drunkenly attacking staff members at a Gillingham shop. Presley, now 30 years old, was just 19 when he stabbed a father-of-five to death at his Northfleet home in 2012.

Presley, who hails from Coopers Road in Gravesend, was initially sentenced to 11 years in prison for manslaughter after being cleared of murder by a jury at Maidstone Crown Court. However, he was recently back in court on June 11 to face charges of robbery and assault by beating.

According to reports, Presley had been drinking on February 2 of this year when he entered a shop on Canterbury Street and began demanding money from the staff. When they refused, he assaulted one employee and attempted to steal bottles of whiskey. Another staff member came to the victim’s aid and managed to stop Presley, but he returned a few minutes later looking for his phone and started shadow boxing.

Presley was arrested later that evening and pleaded guilty to both offences. He has now been sentenced to a seven-year extended prison sentence, with four years in jail and an additional three years on licence once he is released.

During his initial trial in 2012, Presley claimed he had acted in self-defence when he fatally stabbed James ‘Jay’ Green at his home in Holly Court. However, the jury rejected this claim and found him guilty of manslaughter by reason of loss of control. Judge Jeremy Carey, who presided over the trial, told Presley that he had armed himself with a knife and needed to work on his rehabilitation.

Carey also criticized Presley for lying about the events leading up to Mr. Green’s death, stating that he had “lied, lied and lied again” to avoid facing the consequences of his actions.

It was revealed during the trial that Mr. Green had been a victim of a hate campaign in his neighborhood and was branded a “grass.” Another teenager from Gravesend, who was 17 at the time and could not be named for legal reasons, was also cleared of Mr. Green’s murder and manslaughter charges.

The text and images in this article are generated with the assistance of AI and may contain errors. Please verify any important information as we cannot accept any responsibility for incorrect information.

Scroll to Top